Just for Thee - Annie Johnson Flint

Not for peace and not for power,
Not for joy and not for light,
Not for truth and not for knowledge,
Not for courage in the fight,
Not for strength to do Thee service–
Not for these my prayer shall be;
Not for any gifts or graces,
But for Thee, Lord, just for Thee.

Make me lonely for Thy presence,
Every earthly friend above;
Make me thirst for Thine indwelling,
Make me hungry for Thy love;
Till in full and free surrender
I shall yield my life to Thee,
Only then, in full perfection,
Canst Thou give Thyself to me.

All the beauty that I seek for,
Every treasure I would own,
Thou art these in rich completeness,
They are found in Thee alone;
All the loveliness I long for,
All the best that I would be,
I can never find them elsewhere
Than in Thee, Lord, just in Thee.

Empty me of all my glory,
All my boasting, all my pride;
Let my righteousness, my wisdom,
On Thy cross be crucified;
Fill me, then, with all Thy fullness,
All Thy will work Thou for me;
In Thyself is nothing lacking;
Make me, Lord, complete in Thee.

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=54220&forum=45
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Masih Adakah Pewahyuan Sekarang Ini?

Sebuah Biografi Singkat Mengenai Kehidupan John Wesley

Pengertian Kelahiran Kembali (Regenerasi) dan Efek yang mengikutinya