I love me too – Paul Washer

God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life. Many times this is accompanied by an explanation of all that Jesus can do for the person; fix their life, their marriage, their finances, their self-esteem. So you walk up to – what we know about a sinner; he is self-centered, he is autonomous, he wants to do his own thing, he has his own dreams, and he is in love with himself – so you walk up to this man and say,

“God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life”.

And he goes, “What! God loves me? That’s fantastic, I love me too! Well this is wonderful! And you are saying that He loves me more than I love me? Now that sounds impossible. How can anyone have such a great love? And God has a wonderful plan for my life? I have a wonderful plan for my life too! And you’re telling me that if I accept this Jesus he will help me with all my wonderful plans and that I can have my best life now?”

“Yes!”

“Well then I’ll take a God like that! Do you got two of them?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Masih Adakah Pewahyuan Sekarang Ini?

Sebuah Biografi Singkat Mengenai Kehidupan John Wesley

Pengertian Kelahiran Kembali (Regenerasi) dan Efek yang mengikutinya